anyway, without further ado, here's this week's humpday hero: jennifer from do i have to be a d.i.n.k.?
A big thanks to Carlia for creating this wonderful way to show support to each other! I graciously accept the Humpday Hero Award! What an honor to receive an award from my blog friends! I hope you enjoy reading our story.
Bio – My name is Jen and my hubby and I have been married for 5.5 years now and enjoying every second of it! We have been TTC for over four and a half years now. The first year was just having fun and trying to see what happens. During that time my DH’s mom was diagnosed with cancer and passed away. I don’t really consider that year part of our TTC journey because we had so much other stuff going on. The second year was spent with the “far away” RE doing testing. My DH has low morphology so the “far away” doctor wanted to do SA’s four months apart in hopes of seeing improvement. Such a big waste of our time because there was no change– we then found an awesome RE closer to home. During years three and four we have done 10 IUI’s, 2 IVF’s, and 1 FET. Two of the IUI’s worked but I miscarried at 10 weeks and at 6 weeks respectively. IVF*1 resulted in four fabulous grade A embryos. Two were transferred for the IVF and the last two for FET - Both resulted in a BFN. Jan 2011 we got our BFP with IVF#2 but lost our baby Gavin at 18.5 weeks in May. So, now we are figuring out our next steps and trying to heal our hearts from the loss.
Facts about little ole me…
- I love having a blog but I know I am a horrible writer. I wish I was much more entertaining. I think I have a blog just so I can follow other peoples IF stories. They always write what I am feeling; they are just unable to express it properly.
- I curse like a sailor at home but I rarely swear on my blog. Not really sure why that is.
- I dated my hubby in high school for three months…then he dumped me. We stayed friends and started dating for real about 9 years later! I am one of the lucky ones who actually married their best friend.
- I have two sisters and a brother. They are all married and each have four kids. Somehow the fertile gene missed me.
- My degree is in Construction Management (yes, I own a hard hat)
- I wish I could wear flip flops all year round. Wonder if I can get work to change our dress code?
- I have decided to take my wedding dress and cut it up to make blankets, ornaments, a Christmas tree angel tree topper, etc out of it. No use in saving it and having it take up space in my closet. (this is on hold – I will only do it if I have kids)
- My favorite colors are gray and brown. You should see my dull colored clothes in my closet.
- I have never bounced a check
- I am a closet coin collector. I love ordering coins and going to mints!
Message to my readers – I have learned many lessons in the crazy world of IF. I guess the most valuable one is that we will eventually be ok. I have been in times of great despair during this journey and each time I come out the other side ok. I hope you all find your path and it leads you to wonderful things. ~Jen
congrats to jen!!! be sure to visit her blog and show her some love.
remember, we can't give out awards without your nominations, so please send me as many as you like to storkdropzone at gmail dot com!