andrea at palm trees & rainy days and baby hopes at chasing our stork both gave me the "tell me about yourself" award. yup, i'm grinning from ear to ear right now. hee hee! thanks, ladies!!!
here we go:
- i'm fascinated by all things ghostly! i've been on several ghost tours and am addicted to ghost hunters (on scifi) and ghost adventures (on the travel channel). i don't really know where this morbid curiosity comes from, but there it is.
- i am terrified of being in large crowds of people. i seriously freak out, like real panic attacks. i start to get dizzy and hyperventilate and tremble. this phobia really doesn't make sense for me, since i come from such a large family. i should be used to being surrounded by people!
- i caved in and started drinking coke zero again. for shame! but it tastes oh so good!
- i'm obsessed with snow! i grew up in a very warm climate and didn't see real snow until i was 20. i've been in love with it ever since. i think i could live in alaska and be happy, because i am mesmerized by the falling snow...plus winter clothes are so stinkin' cute!
- i had a pet goat when i was a kid. his name was ichabod, but we called him icky. he was so cute and thought he was a dog! we also raised calves. some were to sell, some were to breed, and some were to eat. we named them and bottle-fed them, knowing what their fate could possibly be. needless to say, we learned the facts of life very early. and i must say, bubba was awfully tasty!
- i've worked (beyond babysitting) since i was about 14. my first job was as a janitor at our school. it was really hard work, but i learned the value of a dollar...and that i never wanted to be a janitor when i grew up. i also worked as a stable hand at a horse ranch, shoveling manure. i've done more than my share of grunt work.
- i have crazy long toes. B calls them my monkey toes. their pretty dexterous, too. when i drop things, i'm usually able to pick them up with my toes, saving me the pain of having to actually bend over...because i'm lazy. i'm sure i'll appreciate this talent when i have a big pregnant belly to deal with.
josey @ my cheap version of therapy
marianne @ the daily miracle
bridget @ the lost stork
tiffany @ a stroll in the neighborhood
foxy @ someday
now, for those of you who are dying for a baby update (aka sarah ;) ha ha!) here's the latest. we're at 36 weeks and baby mama is not dilated yet. that means he shouldn't arrive before 38 weeks for sure (according to the doc, at least). baby boy is measuring about 5lbs this week, too, so he still has some growing to do. we're going to buy the car seat this weekend and we've decided to forgo the glider in the nursery. instead, we'll be getting a recliner! of course, it will be the kind that rocks and it's going to be unbelievably comfortable. it's not exactly what i had in mind for the nursery, but B talked me into it, reminding me of the late night feedings that could result in me falling asleep while rocking the little dude. a recliner does sound much more appealing in that situation. we've also been reading the book healthy sleep habits, happy baby. it was recommended to us by several people and it's really been an eye-opener. i'm excited/nervous to put what i'm learning into practice. well, only 4 more weeks to go till we get to experience parenthood first-hand and i'm so excited!!!