we'll do this in chronological order, so first is the one lovely blog award.
here's how this works:
- share who gave you this award to you with a link back to their blog.
- write down 7 random facts about yourself.
- give this award to 15 other bloggers.
7 random facts about me...
- i have crazy long toes and can pick stuff up with them and pinch B on the leg under the table when he gets out of line. ;) (mack inherited my super-useful toes.)
- i hate taking medicine when i'm sick. i'd rather be sick a few extra days than take that awful tasting cough syrup crap! B has to force feed it to me.
- i am a home-body. i could stay home all day (almost) everyday and not get cabin fever. B is the exact opposite.
- i had a major attitude when i was little. i was super bossy and independent. one time my dad got onto my little brother (3 at the time) about something and he started crying. i (5 at the time) told him "don't worry about daddy. he's just a big bully. do what i do and pretend like you don't hear him." i hope mack didn't inherit that, too!
- i'm still pretty independent, but not always in a good way. i have a really hard time letting people do things for me, asking for help, or even buying something if i think i can make it myself. hhhmmm...independent and cheap. awesome.
- i keep myself up almost every night, tossing and turning, because my mind has this steady stream of ideas. they can be anything from ideas for blog posts to new artwork i want to paint to something i want to make for B, and everything random in between.
- i hate citrus fruit. i know, i'm crazy! i just can't stand oranges, pineapples, lemons, etc. i've tried to like them. really, i have!
- jessah @ dreaming of dimples
- krista @ schell family blog
- heather @ a little hope in my pocket
- slese1014 @ mommyhood after fertility frustration
- natalie @ my blog is boring
- dj @ the life of miss conception
- foxy @ my foxy family
- nv @ baby nv
- ashley @ flats to flip flops
- 3 bed, 2 bath, 1 baby
- blossom @ dragon and blossom's adventures
- the stork diaries
- dandelion @ adrift on a dandelion breeze
- mommy someday @ waiting for baby
- jen @ the chronicles of violetta margarita
and here we go with the tag:
here are the rules:
post the rules.
answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
tag 11 people and link them to your post.
let them know you’ve tagged them.
1. describe your fashion style.
saying that i have fashion style is using the term loosely. ha ha! i prefer jewel tones (for my fair skin) and i'm kind of obsessed with scarves. i guess my style could be considered to be a mixture of classic and trendy. i like to mix fancy pieces with casual pieces. i'm not sure how well it works, but i wear it anyway. :)
2. if you could pick any place, regardless of distance or price, to go out to eat, where would you go and why?
if i could live anywhere, (i know this sounds boring, but...) i would move to a small ranch in the middle of nowhere in central texas, north of austin. that's where i lived when i was a kid and i miss it so much!
3. what kind of exercise do you prefer?
i love running, but tae bo would definitely come in second.
4. describe your dream vacation.
i would love to go on a tour of england and scotland. it would be so neat to tour the castles and the countryside.
5. speaking of vacations, what is your most memorable vacation?
when i was about 6 (i think), my family drove to tuscon, arizona to visit my aunt and her family. they took us to tombstone. it was amazing! the best part was getting to ride this enormous bull. don't worry, he was tame. :)
6. where do you see yourself in a year? 5 years?
in a year i hope to be finished with most of my projects. ha ha! in 5 years, i would like to have had another child or two.
7. what is the last book you read? Was it for work/school or for fun?
the last book i read was "my name is memory" by ann brashares. it was definitely for fun. i'm an avid reader, or, i was before mack got here. i'm currently reading "the night circus" by erin morgenstern.
8. how did you meet your significant other?
this is a much longer story than i have room for right here. in a nutshell, we ran into each other, got to talking, started hanging out, became best friends, fell in love, and got married...all within a 5 month period. when it's right, it's right. :)
9. what did you study in college?
photography & graphic design
10. are you a jealous person?
not really, but i can be pretty competitive.
11. what is your relationship like with your family?
i have a wonderful relationship with my family! i have been blessed to have wonderful parents and incredibly supportive siblings. but, it doesn't hurt that i live 2000 miles away, so they don't see me often enough to get sick of me. ;)
the following bloggers should consider themselves tagged!
- josey @ my cheap version of therapy
- sarah @ baby talk
- just us & a miracle baby, too!
- ashley @ flats to flip flops
- andrea @ palm trees & rainy days...
- bridget @ the lost stork
- tiffany @ a stroll in the neighborhood
- maria @ every day is a country song
- journey through IF
- mac @ mac & pc
- jennifer @ do i have to be a D.I.N.K.?
- what is your most valued possession (besides people/pets)?
- what do you love most about yourself?
- if you could have any exotic animal as a pet, what would it be?
- tell us about your first car.
- what is your favorite flower?
- are you an early bird or a night owl?
- if you could meet any IF blogger (because we're all practically celebrities!), who would it be?
- what is your biggest fear?
- if you could change your name, what would you choose?
- if you could go back in time to another era, which would you go to?
- what is your best talent and what is something that you wish you were good at?