while i'm off gallivanting across the country, aimee from like mother like daughter is taking over for the day. she's here to share a recipe that you're guaranteed to love, just try not to get drool all over your keyboard. ;) and since today is my birthday, this fabulous guest post is my gift to you! now, take it away aimee!
Hey guys! My name is Aimee. I'm a semi newlywed, with a handsome husband and two pet children. I blog over at Like Mother Like Daughter. Its a food blog that I share with my mom, where we post our favorite recipes. I started out blogging as a way to keep track of some family recipes. But a couple of years ago I made a goal of trying at least 1 new recipe every week, so that we could get out of the grind of eating tacos, pizza and spaghetti every night. And this blog has been a way to continue keeping track of the successful recipes.
So Take 5 Bars. Have you tried them? In my opinion Take 5 Bars are the perfect combination of everything. Who doesn't love chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, etc. Plus with the saltiness and crunch of pretzel and peanuts, these might just be the best candy bar invented. And now, you don't have to go to the store to get one, you can make them from home instead.
So this recipe is pretty simple if you even consider it a recipe at all. Its basically just the 5 things in a take 5 bar (chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, pretzel, and peanuts). However I added a couple things to make it easier/sweeter and in case you don't just want to throw the 5 ingredients together, here are the amounts of everything I did.
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 TBS powdered sugar
10 caramel squares
1 TBS milk
60 peanut halves (you know how the nut breaks in half down the middle?)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Lay pretzels out on waxed or parchment paper.
2. Put peanut butter and powdered sugar in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Stir well until creamy.
4. Spread a small spoonful of peanut butter to the top of each pretzel.
5. Put caramel squares and milk in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. Stir until creamy.
6. Spread a small spoonful of caramel over the top of the peanut butter.
7. Stick about 3 peanut halves on top of the caramel.
8. Put in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, in a small bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat for another 30 seconds and stir.
11. Dip each pretzel candy into the melted chocolate.(Warning: this was really messy for me)
12. Set on parchment or waxed paper.
13. Let set for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
Thanks for having me over Carlia. Hope you'll all stop by my blog and say hi some time.