|this makes it all worth it|
for those of you who don't know what PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) is, it's this really fun condition that makes it next to impossible for me to ovulate on my own. (hence 9 years of trying to conceive before little mack finally arrived.)
now, instead of boring you to death with the details of our journey toward parenthood, here are the highlights of what those 9 years brought us...
- years of morning temp charting
- scheduled love-making
- a new library of books with fun titles like "taking charge of your fertility"
- fits of woe when the home pregnancy tests came back negative
- $$$ down the drain buying home ovulation tests (never did see a for-sure positive)
- endless doctors appointments
- poking and prodding by multiple doctors and nurses on a weekly, oftentimes daily schedule
- an obscene amount of medications, both oral and injectable.
- 4 miscarriages
- 1 rented womb
- 1 perfect baby
to acquaint you all a little better with PCOS, i thought it would be fun to bring back one of my all-time favorite posts:
10 reasons why women with PCOS have it made!
10. no need to schedule things around AF, because she probably won't show up anyway.
9. since she doesn't show up, it makes you wonder if you could actually be preggo. you buy a case of HPTs and get to work. you've just done your part to help the economy!
8. acne is completely underrated! you're 35, but those zits make you look 17 again.
7. it takes the worry out of "accidental pregnancies". no need for BCP! you are your own form of contraceptive!
6. with that newly deepened voice, you can change your career to become a lounge singer. everyone
loves to listen to a woman who sounds like a man.
5. sure your boobs are shrinking, but now bras are optional!
4. your efforts to get preggo lead you to an RE, AI, IUI, and even IVF. yeah, you're spending a small fortune (your life's savings), but once again, you're single-handedly fixing the economy (and learning lots of cool acronyms)!
2. all that extra weight you're carrying may be heavy, but think of it as extra padding in case of an accident. *CRASH* look at that! your fat just saved your life!
and the number 1 reason is...
1. thanks to your new mustache and beard, you've got a new side job. you've turned your cubicle into a sideshow booth, because people will pay anything to see the bearded lady.
so, as you can see, having PCOS isn't all bad. ;)