but here are some things i've learned so far...
- there's no easy way to fold a fitted sheet
- everything stains, including leather & hardwood floors
- toys are not nearly as fun as the boxes they came in...or the lever on the window, or the leg of a chair, or the fireplace, or the heating vents, or...
- there is not enough coke zero in the world
- food tastes better after it has been rolled between fingers and/or dipped in dirt
- daddy's are way more fun than mama's
- the sock monster in the dryer loves to eat baby socks even more than adult socks
- poo happens...and sometimes it gets on you. it's a fact, so deal with it.
- every conversation inevitably turns to "mack has learned... or mack sometimes does...", which not everyone is a fan of
- cats are fun to chase, but they're even more fun when you catch them by the tail
- being around baby food so much can make you curious, which makes you want to try it, which turns into a daily snack of vanilla custard pudding. (thanks for sharing, mack!)
- moms are competitive. we don't mean to be, but conversations almost always turn into a one-upping competition to see whose baby is the smartest & fastest developer. (and every mom thinks her baby won)
- rule: when someone offers to babysit, take them up on it.
- you can never have too many pictures of your baby. it's just not possible.
- mistakes will be made, pretty much every day.
what pearls of wisdom have you learned as a mom?